Thursday 7 May 2015

April Walking Review

Hello lovelies, 
April was a great month to add miles walked to my 1000 mile challenge. As usual I religiously recorded all the outdoor miles I walked on my Derbyshire calendar......which featured a great photo of the nine ladies stone circle 


Got to love the light in this photo.


Taking photos as I walk is a huge part of the enjoyment of walking for me.......and the world is so pretty in April. There are photos EVERYWHERE...........


I missed a couple of group walks over the Easter period because I can't go when the boys are on holiday, but I was happy to still go on three pleasant outings with this friendly group......the highlight for me being THIS memorable day.............


I'm still wearing my pedometer too. It's such a simple device but  a great motivator. When it gets to almost four in the afternoon and my step total is less then half of my daily goal ( 10000 steps) it gives me that little push to get outside and walk............


And once I'm out I never regret it............


There have  been so many lovely  April walks to enjoy. Alone, with friends or with family. And at all different times of day, morning, afternoon and evening.....


Here are my April walking  stats ........

 Miles Walked with the walking group...............................29.5
Days with no outdoor walking..............................................1
Longest Walk in miles.........................................................11
Total outdoor miles walked this month............................100.5 Wooop
Total outdoor miles walked so far this year......................348.5

As I had hoped the longer days and warmer weather have meant that for the first time I'm now slightly ahead of target for the first time ( 15 miles ahead) , but I'd better not get complacent.
 I need to get out  walking as often as possible to keep on track.....it's a good job I love it :0)

Thank you for encouraging me lovelies....it certainly helps a lot.
Jacquie x

7 comments:

  1. Such a great achievement and some lovely views to admire too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over a hundred miles, that's brilliant Jacquie, very well done. Keep it up! CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooop indeed! Way to go! I'm cheering you on. (More than me for sure, I'm at a little less than half that for the month.) Bought the youngest another bike, second hand so I've been "inspecting" it some (very nice time of year for that) before she takes it to university this fall. (Yikes!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for this month ...that's great ! Have fun in May ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great! You're doing really well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All that beauty at your .... Footsteps! Well done xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic!!!! You are doing so well, that is amazing!!! I love that first photograph of the nine ladies stone circle, it almost doesn't look real, but in an incredible and beautiful way!! Keep on walking!! xx

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.