Friday 4 March 2016

A Frosty Morning Walk

Hello Lovelies,
fancy a walk in the chilly morning air, the sun is shining.... come on, pull on your boots :0)


there're pretty frost crystals on every tiny leaf.......


 and the crops look dusted in white........


 The sheep are seeking out the sunniest spot........


 And frosty Hogweed skeletons glisten in the sun.........


A little further along the lane we will find beautiful Hawthorn Blossom..........


And chilly, shady corners.........


 Oh look, more resting sheep..........


Lets listen to that lovely birdsong, so clear and joyous........



 We will have to stick to the grass verge as the cars speed along this straight stretch of road, but don't worry, we will soon be able to turn off.........


We should head down the Bridleway, away from the traffic......
 

And peer at the lambs through a gap in the hedge..........






The only sound now is the Baaing of the sheep and the birdsong......


Ahh, there you are Mr Robin....you do have a lovely voice..........


It's beginning to warm up, but in the shade some frost still remains..........


...where the trees cast their skeleton shadows........




Oh look, another happy feathered friend is singing in the high branches.......


You can't beat a still and sunny winters day for bird spotting..........






On the way home we can stop and stare at the view........


There's still frost on the roof of the hay barn.........


And if you are tired we can sit and rest a while..........

Though I'm not sure who Audrey is :0)

When we get back to the local streets we can smile at the florists spring display........
/

and the snowdrops by the church..........


The light is such a contrast of bright sunshine and deep shadows........


When we near the end of our walk I'll show you my favourite garden........


It belongs to such a sweet little cottage.........


I think this must be my best bird spotting walk ever.......


I'm so glad you joined me.
Jacquie x

p.s. the date of this walk was 24.2.16....just like to make a note of these things ...nerdy, who me?

25 comments:

  1. An enjoyable walk...and a fare site warmer for us than you I'm sure. ; ) I've notice more and more birds back and singing their spring songs.A lovely thing, having the trees fill up again with the sounds and sites of them. Have a lovely weekend Jacquie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacquie! Thank you for another fabulous post! Your photos are brilliant: frost, birds, sheep, flowers, and all, and I loved following the links to hear the birds sing :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You took us on a beautiful walk, stunning pictures. Loved the florist such a delightful display.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely walk, nice to see you enjoying the sunshine. I need to find some lamb's to photograph.. so cute
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful bird photos, you have a real talent for taking them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos - a lovely walk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous shots, especially the hogweed and the snowdrops outside the church. Love the blossom as well, but it looks as though winter has arrived! Wishing you a good weekend. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glorious walk! What a lot of birds not only spotted but that stayed still long enough for you to photograph. You were lucky with the weather - it poured all day with us in East Yorkshire yesterday although apart from a very heavy hail shower it's much better today. Thanks again for sharing. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. what an interesting church tower with the turret on the top!
    P.P.S how are the log cabin squares coming along? Inspired by yours I have completed 20 and begun sewing them up. I like the look of Three Stories High's border on her recently completed blanket but it may depend on how much yarn of the right colours I have left as to how wide my border will end up! I'm supposed to be using up my leftovers....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!! We will have a 47 degrees Fahrenheit today and the locals tell me that it has been a great Winter here. Great church building, I love the old architecture. Thank you and may you have a pleasant weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a nice blue sky day for your walk. I especially enjoyed the lambs and birds. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for taking us along on your walk. I think my favorites were the sheep and the field dusted with frost. You have such lovely places to walk I most admit, I'm quite jealous.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for this lovely post!
    Such beautiful pictures! it is as if I were there ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your bird pictures are lovely. The Nottinghamshire countryside looks fresh on that morning. I can just spy Ratcliffe way off in the distance. ( providing the county's needs. )

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed accompanying you on your lovely walk. Great photos as always and how lovely just to be able to hear the birds singing and the sheep bleating. Looking forward to the next walking tour xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for taking me on your lovely walk, we have had some beautiful frosty sunny mornings recently haven't we?
    Take care
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful crisp clear morning... loved all the objects in your pictures.. loved the nature... and that little garden is indeed so sweet and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely walk, as usual. I love how you manage to spot all the birdies, I always have fun trying to take pics of them too when I go walking! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. How splendid to have those singing birds accompany you on a beautiful frosty morning walk. Thank you very much, Jacquie, for also taking your camera along and sharing this beauty with us. xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. That was so lovely, love seeing all the birds, it's the perfect time of the year as they are easy to spot and busy singing and getting ready for Spring
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  21. We have had sunshine here and not a frost. Brrr! It is always good to get out when the skies are blue.
    http://joeveryday19@blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jackie ... What a delightful walk you have taken me to :-) I could almost smell the crispness in the air ...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sssuch lovely sights and your photos show the interesting details. Thanks for sharing this little journey. Here in my part of the US, we've had a fair winter that seems to be turning into an early spring. I don't live in sheep meadows or directly in the country, but have a view of corn fields from my sofa. Our house is in a small town and I drive through farm country on my daily commute. Seeing the seasons changing in town and country is a great pleasure anywhere, true?

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.